Keep your home safe
It is estimated that a burglary happens every 40 seconds in the UK, so it is important that you make sure your home is protected this National Security Month.
Home security should always be at the forefront of your mind and there are simple steps which you can take to ensure your property is completely secure at all times.
If you have regularly got work people in or loved ones visiting, our Police Accredited Supra C500 KeySafe provides a secure way to externally store your keys to the exterior of the property.
The positioning of your Supra C500 is extremely important. Below we have outlined some top tips on where to install a key safe and ensure that it is secure and fitted correctly:
- Always ensure your Supra C500 is out of obvious line of easy sight for passers-by
- Consider the light, choose a position that is well lit to make it easier for the user
- If the user has mobility issues, the key safe should be installed at eye level to ensure that it is always accessible
- The key safe should be installed at least six inches away from the edge of the wall
With over 4,000 possible combinations for your Supra C500 KeySafe, it is important that you choose a code that is unique and something that people wouldn’t know:
- Avoid starting your code with 19, as these are birth years and are much easier to guess
- Change your code regularly, as there is no limit to how many times you can change it
- For ease, set your code before you install the product
Once the position has been decided, your Supra C500 is ready to be installed. The installation must be done correctly, as otherwise, the product may become faulty, we’d recommend:
- The key safe be installed onto a brick wall. Avoid other materials such as sheds or garages, which may not be strong enough
- Never drill at an angle, you must always drill straight into the brick wall
- There should be minimal gaps around the product, with it being fitted tightly against the wall
For more support on installing any of the products from The Key Safe Company, please visit: https://keysafe.co.uk/self-installation-guide